You got an interview for your dream job. Congratulations! You prepared like crazy – you explained your greatest weakness and your ideal type of work environment and showed why you would fit in at the company. But then, your interviewer (and potential new boss) asks, “Do you have any questions for me?”
Instead of stumbling over some version of, “No, not right now,” have some questions in the back of your mind ready to go. Write them down before the interview if you have to.
18 Questions to Ask During a Job Interview
The next time you need some interview questions to ask, use some of these questions.
Some will help you learn more about the company, and others give you a chance to share a little more about you. Remember, a job interview is just as much about you figuring out if the company is right for you as it is about the company figuring out if you’re right for them.
1. What do you like most about working here?
2. What’s a typical day going to look like for this job?
3. What’s the overall purpose of this job?
4. What are the biggest challenges the new hire will face with this job?
5. What do you expect the new hire to accomplish in their first 3 months?
6. How will this position help its department meet its goals?